Recipe by Dancer^
From The Vegetarian 5-Ingredient Gourmet, by Nava Atlas. Leeks and carrots both have a natural sweetness that mingles nicely. This is a mild and pleasant side dish, good with pasta, potatoes, and soy dishes. We loved this dish.
Top Review by SuzTheQ
Wonderful side dish! I love carrots, and love this new way to prepare them. I didn't use the nutmeg (because I forgot) but will next time. Also, I added a sprinkle of garlic powder and small amount of agave at the end for a little sweetness. A definite keeper- thanks Dancer!
- 1 tablespoon light olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup dry white wine
- 3 medium leeks, white and palest green parts only, chopped and very well rinsed
- 4 large carrots, peeled and sliced
- 1 pinch nutmeg (optional)
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the oil and wine in a wide skillet.
- Add the leeks and carrots, cover, and cook over medium-low heat, for about 8 to 10 minutes, or until tender-crisp.
- Uncover and sauté, stirring frequently, until the leeks and carrots begin to turn golden.
- Stir in the nutmeg, if desired, season with salt and pepper, and serve.