Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
A simple and tasty side dish.
- 2 bunches leeks
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon tarragon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- black pepper
- Thinly slice leeks. Use white and light green parts of leeks. Separate rings and place in colander. Rinse well and drain well. Try to get leeks as dry as possible.
- Heat olive oil and butter on med-high in frying pan large enough for all the leeks. Remember that they will wilt down!
- Add leeks to frying pan. Stir until all the leeks are coated with oil and butter. At this time, add tarragon, coriander and salt and pepper.
- Reduce heat to medium.
- Stirring frequently, cook until leeks are close to caramelized, approximately 25 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy.
These are lovely. I followed instructions as listed with tasty results. These paired very well with breaded pork chops. Thanks for sharing a recipe I will be making again!
The leeks have a nice taste and I let them caramelized a little bit. I used only tarragon cause I didn't have ground coriander. It would be great to add onion or shallots to the leeks. Thanks AuntSana :) Made for PRMR tag game