1/1 Photo of Sauteed Leafy Greens With Grapefruit Vinaigrette
Yummy greens, with a citrus spiked dressing and topped with sliced warm figs! Are you with me? Mmmmmm....mmmmmmm Adapted from Deliciuos Living magazine.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 tablespoons walnut oil or 6 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, plus
- 1 teaspoon walnut oil or 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup
- 1 medium grapefruit (to make 1/2 cup fresh juice)
- 2 teaspoons grapefruit peel, finely grated
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 large garlic cloves, chopped (divided)
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 bunch kale (abuot 10 oz.) or 1 bunch collard greens, washed, cut into ribbons (abuot 10 oz.)
- 1/3 cup dried fig, thinly sliced
- 1Warm 6 tbls. oil and dried rosemary in a small pan on low heat until rosemary just begins to drift. Don't boil. Remove from heat.
- 2In a blender or food processor, combine syrup, grapefruit juice and peel, lemon juice, 1 chopped garlic clove, salt and pepper; pulse for about 30 seconds. Run on high continuously while slowly adding oil-rosemary mixture. Continue blending for 1 minute. Adjust salt and pepper to taste. Refrigerate in a tightly covered jar if not using right away.
- 3Heat the remaining 1 teaspoons oil in a large pan over medium heat. Add the remaining chopped garlic and saute until tender. Add kale or collard greens and braise slightly, about 2 minutes, stirring frequently.
- 4Add 1/2 cup vinaigrette to the greens and saute on mediumlow heat until the vinaigrette is warmed and greens are nearly tender, about 4 minutes. Add the sliced figs and saute 1 minute more. Enjoy!
Browse Our Top Citrus Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Citrus Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sauteed Leafy Greens With Grapefruit Vinaigrette
Serving Size: 1 (107 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 189.5
- Calories from Fat 132
- Total Fat 14.7 g
- Saturated Fat 1.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 64.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 6.1 g
- Protein 1.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: