Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Yummy greens, with a citrus spiked dressing and topped with sliced warm figs! Are you with me? Mmmmmm....mmmmmmm Adapted from Deliciuos Living magazine.
- 6 tablespoons walnut oil or 6 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, plus
- 1 teaspoon walnut oil or 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup
- 1 medium grapefruit (to make 1/2 cup fresh juice)
- 2 teaspoons grapefruit peel, finely grated
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 large garlic cloves, chopped (divided)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 bunch kale (abuot 10 oz.) or 1 bunch collard greens, washed, cut into ribbons (abuot 10 oz.)
- 1⁄3 cup dried fig, thinly sliced
- Warm 6 tbls. oil and dried rosemary in a small pan on low heat until rosemary just begins to drift. Don't boil. Remove from heat.
- In a blender or food processor, combine syrup, grapefruit juice and peel, lemon juice, 1 chopped garlic clove, salt and pepper; pulse for about 30 seconds. Run on high continuously while slowly adding oil-rosemary mixture. Continue blending for 1 minute. Adjust salt and pepper to taste. Refrigerate in a tightly covered jar if not using right away.
- Heat the remaining 1 teaspoons oil in a large pan over medium heat. Add the remaining chopped garlic and saute until tender. Add kale or collard greens and braise slightly, about 2 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add 1/2 cup vinaigrette to the greens and saute on mediumlow heat until the vinaigrette is warmed and greens are nearly tender, about 4 minutes. Add the sliced figs and saute 1 minute more. Enjoy!
Loved the rosemary, grapefruit and lemon with the greens. I used bottled grapefruit juice, fresh out of the garden Swiss chard and kale about 8 cups worth. I used Roasted Garlic & Pearl Onions With Herbs
in place of fresh garlic using 3 cloves.
I used fresh rosemary adding it right to the blender with the oil, skipping the infusing part. I also used 4 fresh picked figs in place of the dried. Do take note the nutritional facts are off because there is 1 cup of dressing leftover. I can`t wait to toss a salad with the rest of the dressing!
Thanks for the healthy eats!
Just great. Love the combination of flavors- the citrus with the kale and the figs. Yumm. Easy to make. Followed the directions as written. Had leftover sauce, which was used as a very light dressing for a green salad and then to bake some beets in. Thanks for this recipe!