Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Fannie Farmer has the best recipes.
Make and share this Sauteed Kidneys recipe from Food.com.
- Remove the outside membrane from the kidneys.
- Rinse and pat dry; set to the side.
- Melt the butter and oil together in a skillet.
- Brown the kidneys quickly, and remove to a warm platter.
- Add the onion and mushrooms to the pan and cook until the onion is soft and translucent, stirring frequently.
- Add the wine and cook for another minute or so; return the kidneys to the pan and add salt to taste.
- Heat through.
- Serve on toast points.
I have been cooking lambs kidneys the same old way for such a long time and decided now was the time for a change. This is very similar but the red wine really gave it a richness of flavour that I was seeking and also the mushrooms. I sliced the kidney into about 4/5 slices each and followed the recipe. I did, however, add some chopped bacon and garlic. It was really a nice meal served with vegetables. Thanks Molly 53
I tried the recipe as is, except I used beef kidney. The mushrooms, onion and wine really add flavor. I thoroughly enjoyed it and so easy to make.
Had this for breakfast this morning. Halved recipe as I was using fresh leftover lamb kidneys from a meal my wife cooked the night before. Scrumptious and yes, the red wine did add to the flavour nicely.