Epicurious. Feb 2008. More greens!
Make and share this Sauteed Kale With Smoked Paprika recipe from Food.com.
- Cook kale in large pot of boiling salted water until wilted, about 5 minutes. Transfer to colander; drain.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in heavy large skillet over medium heat. Add onion and sauté until soft, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika and crushed red pepper; sprinkle with salt.
- Add kale and sauté until heated through, about 4 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper and more smoked paprika, if desired.
- Transfer to serving bowl; drizzle with remaining 1 tablespoon oil and serve.
I completely skipped Step #1 because I like my greens very lightly cooked. Instead, the kale was cooked for only 1 minute just until wilted. Cippolini onions for a change of pace and omitted the crushed red pepper flakes. Delicious! Thank you!
I used a greens mixture of kale, spinach and arugula. The smoked paprika was a nice change. Thanks for an easy, healthy recipe.
Really good side dish. The smoked paprika gives it a nice dimension. Like another reviewer, I skipped step 1 since we like our greens stir fried/lightly cooked.