Recipe by dicentra
Epicurious. Feb 2008. More greens!
Top Review by COOKGIRl
I completely skipped Step #1 because I like my greens very lightly cooked. Instead, the kale was cooked for only 1 minute just until wilted. Cippolini onions for a change of pace and omitted the crushed red pepper flakes. Delicious! Thank you!
- 8 cups packed kale, center ribs and stems removed, leaves coarsely chopped (from about 1 1/2 pounds)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 3⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon sweet smoked paprika (or hot)
- 1 pinch dry crushed red pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook kale in large pot of boiling salted water until wilted, about 5 minutes. Transfer to colander; drain.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in heavy large skillet over medium heat. Add onion and sauté until soft, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika and crushed red pepper; sprinkle with salt.
- Add kale and sauté until heated through, about 4 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper and more smoked paprika, if desired.
- Transfer to serving bowl; drizzle with remaining 1 tablespoon oil and serve.