Recipe by Melli_Fera
This recipe is from The Culinary School of the Rockies. Got Hakurei turnips from my CSA and local farmer's markets and looking for different ways to prepare.
- 1 bunch baby turnip (actually hakurei turnips, with greens)
- 1 lb leafy greens (such as Chard, Mizuna, spinach, tatsoi)
- 2 teaspoons oil, divided
- 1⁄2 cup water or 1⁄2 cup apple juice or 1⁄2 cup white wine
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut the greens from the turnips. Wash and tear all the greens into large pieces and remove the stems. Cut the turnips into bite sized pieces.
- Heat 1 teaspoon of oil in a sauté pan over medium-high heat. Sautee the turnips stirring or tossing occasionally until they are crispy outside and tender inside. Season with salt and pepper and remove to a warm plate.
- In the same pan, heat the remaining oil over medium heat.
- Add the washed and wet greens, and add to pan in batches. Stir and mix as they wilt.
- Add the wine or other liquid and cook until it is mostly evaporated.
- Plate greens and arrange the warm turnips on top.