Prep 3 mins
Cook 7 mins
Remember to eat your dark, leafy greens! This is an easy, tasty way to prepare them.
- 4 -5 cups mixed greens, loosely packed (collard, bok choy, kale, mustard greens)
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed (large)
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- sea salt, a pinch
- tamari soy sauce, a splash
- Pour 1/2 inch of water into a large pot and bring to a boil.
- Add greens, cover and steam until wilted (about a minute).
- Drain and chop.
- In a large skillet, heat the oil and add garlic. Sauté over medium heat 30 seconds.
- Sauté greens approximately five minutes.
- Season with salt and tamari soy sauce.
- Serve immediately.
- Variations: Instead of sautéing with oil and garlic, steam the greens and flavour with a 1/2 teaspoon of fresh ginger juice, lemon juice or umeboshi vinegar. Ginger juice can be made by grating ginger and squeezing the juice out of the pulp. Garnish with carrot slivers, sesame seeds and enoki mushrooms.
- Source: Vegetarian Tastes of Toronto, p. 28.