Remember to eat your dark, leafy greens! This is an easy, tasty way to prepare them.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Pour 1/2 inch of water into a large pot and bring to a boil.
- 2Add greens, cover and steam until wilted (about a minute).
- 3Drain and chop.
- 4In a large skillet, heat the oil and add garlic. Sauté over medium heat 30 seconds.
- 5Sauté greens approximately five minutes.
- 6Season with salt and tamari soy sauce.
- 7Serve immediately.
- 8Variations: Instead of sautéing with oil and garlic, steam the greens and flavour with a 1/2 teaspoon of fresh ginger juice, lemon juice or umeboshi vinegar. Ginger juice can be made by grating ginger and squeezing the juice out of the pulp. Garnish with carrot slivers, sesame seeds and enoki mushrooms.
- 9Source: Vegetarian Tastes of Toronto, p. 28.
Browse Our Top Collard Greens Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sauteed Greens
Serving Size: 1 (8 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 61.9
- Calories from Fat 60
- Total Fat 6.7 g
- Saturated Fat 0.9 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 0.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 0.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 0.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: