Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
Beet greens, bok choy, spinach, kale, Swiss chard or any combination of greens can be used in this recipe. The greens can be served as a side dish, or under grilled fish or chicken
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 garlic, finely chopped
- 2 shallots, finely chopped
- 2 lbs leafy greens
- 1⁄2 cup white wine (chicken stock or water)
- salt and pepper
- Heat oil in large skillet. Add garlic and shallots and cook on low heat until soft and frangrant. (Add a bit of water if vegetables start to stick).
- Add greens and toss with garlic mixture.
- Add wine and bring to boil. When greens start to wilt, turn them. Cover and cook for a few minutes longer. Season with salt and pepper.
I really enjoyed this as a side dish and it was simple to prepare. I do not keep any wine so I used chicken broth, but I strongly recommend wine so it doesn't get a 'soup' taste. There was so much liquid that I kept the lid off once the greens wilted, and even drained some off. (I threw the leftovers into a pan with pasta for a quick lunch the next day) Delicious!