Recipe by GrandmaG
Here is another way to use green tomatoes. (You know we are known for our Green Fried Tomatoes here in the south!)
- 3 ounces uncooked orecchiette or 3 ounces bow tie pasta
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 medium green tomatoes, chopped into 1 inch chunks
- 1 cup whipping cream (Not Cool Whip) or 1 cup heavy cream (Not Cool Whip)
- 2 tablespoons snipped fresh Italian parsley
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄3 cup finely shredded parmesan cheese
- 1 ounce thinly sliced ham, chopped
- finely shredded parmesan cheese (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and keep warm.
- In a large skillet cook garlic in hot oil over medium heat for about 30 seconds.
- Add green tomatoes and cook for an additional 3 to 4 minutes, or until heated through, stirring often.
- Stir in whipping cream, parsley, and pepper into tomato mixture.
- Cook over medium heat for 5 to 8 minutes or until slightly thickened, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in 1/3 cup parmesan cheese and the ham into sauce.
- Serve over pasta.
- Top with Parmesan cheese if desired.