Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a colourful tasty sidedish for any meal.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped garlic
- 14 ounces green beans
- 1 tomatoes
- salt and pepper
- Cut ends from beans& then cut into 2 inch pieces; cook in boiling water until crisp tender (about 10 minutes).
- Heat olive oil in skillet over medium heat; add garlic& cook for 30 seconds.
- Add beans& cook with garlic for another 2 minutes.
- Peel, deseed& dice tomato; add to skillet& cook until heated through (about 3 minutes).
Awesome green beans! My entire family loved this recipe. The fresh green beans, tomato and garlic blended beautifully into a delectible vegetarian delight. (I used more garlic simply because I misread the recipe.)This was also a very eye-appealing dish with the contrast of colors. Thank you Countrylady for the wonderful recipe. It's a new family favorite in my house!
Old review: No way does this make 4 servings! We liked this so much it was just enough for one. I'm glad I decided before I cooked it that it was not going to be enough for 4, and quadrupled the recipe, which was enough for 3 green bean lovers and one green bean tolerator. New review: After CountryLady told me that there's a typo in the recipe and it should be 14 ounces, I knew I was right to quadruple the recipe! I also quadrupled the garlic, there is nothing as delicious as garlicky, tomatoey greenbeans! Great recipe using the right proportions!
Thank-you for a very enjoyable bean recipe. The crop this year is vast and we are eating beans at least every second night (good thing I love them) - It allowed a change of pace with this recipo. I mixed yellow and green beans with the browned garlic & tomatoe it looked lovely and tasted great thanks Countrylady for a keeper