Recipe by Kerfuffle-Upon-Wincle
Modified from the dallasnews.com -- Originally published in The Dallas Morning News on November 22, 1998. Recipe from The Cook's Bible: The Best of American Home Cooking by Christopher Kimball.
- 453.59 g green beans (washed and trimmed)
- 44.37 ml butter
- 1.23 ml salt
- 1 lemon (ZEST, freshly grated)
- 9.85 ml lemon juice
- 118.29 ml chicken stock
- 59.14 ml walnuts (toasted and chopped)
Directions See How It's Made
- Toast the walnuts in a medium-heat iron skillet, on the stove top, stirring constantly until fragrant ~ be careful they don't burn!
- Steam beans until barely tender but still crisp, about 3 minutes.
- In a saute pan, heat the butter, salt, lemon zest, lemon juice, and chicken stock over medium-high heat for 2 minutes.
- Add the beans and simmer until beans are cooked through, about 2 minutes more.
- Top beans with the walnuts and serve.
- Makes 4 servings.