Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
A simple, but delicious, dish. The cooking method really brings out the flavor of fresh-from-the-garden green beans. Recipe serves 4-5 as a side dish, or 2 as a vegetarian main course over rice.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1 shallot, minced
- 3 cups green beans, trimmed and cut into pieces
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1⁄8 teaspoon onion powder (optional)
- 1 pinch salt
- 1⁄4 cup slivered almonds
- In saute pan, melt olive oil and butter over medium-low heat.
- Add shallots and saute 1 minute.
- Add green beans, garlic, salt, and onion powder. Stir to coat beans.
- Saute until beans are almost tender.
- Add almonds and continue to saute until green beans are crisp-tender.
- Serve warm as a side dish, or over rice as a vegetarian main course.
Delicious! These were cooked perfectly and loved the crunch of the almonds. I had to use sliced almonds, as I bought the wrong ones, but they worked fine. Can't wait until we get our fresh beans from the garden this summer to use in this recipe. Made for Spring 2013 PAC.