Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
The garlic and pine nuts enchance the flavour of this wonderful vegetable dish. The beans are tender and the red bell peppers add a nice color. I served this with chicken and rice.
- Cook green beans in large pot of boiling salted water until crisp-tender about 4 minutes.
- Drain; rinse with cold water to cool quickly and drain again.
- Heat oil in skillet over medium high heat.
- Add peppers; sauté until just tender, about 5 minutes Add butter to same skillet; melt.
- Add garlic; suaté for approx.
- 1 minute.
- Add green beans and sauté until heated through about 5 minutes Mix in nuts; season with salt and pepper.
Lovely side dish! Anything with red bell peppers and pine nuts is OK in my book, anyway. This is definately on the menu for my next company dinner. But I'll be fixing it before then.
This is a great way to prepare green beans. We loved the combination of the red pepper, garlic and the crunch of the pine nuts. Nice textures and it made a beautiful dish. This is an elegant dish to serve to guests. Thanks again, Heather Gagnon, for another great dish.
This was such a delicious side dish! I am not a green bean fan and I cleaned my plate. I had this with prime rib with cabernet sauce, garlic mashed potatoes and roasted garlic caesar salad. My husband thanks you!