Recipe by heather in Ont,
The garlic and pine nuts enchance the flavour of this wonderful vegetable dish. The beans are tender and the red bell peppers add a nice color. I served this with chicken and rice.
Top Review by Countrywife
Lovely side dish! Anything with red bell peppers and pine nuts is OK in my book, anyway. This is definately on the menu for my next company dinner. But I'll be fixing it before then.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs green beans
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 medium red bell peppers, seeded,cut into 1/2 inch dice (2 cups)
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 cup toasted pine nuts
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook green beans in large pot of boiling salted water until crisp-tender about 4 minutes.
- Drain; rinse with cold water to cool quickly and drain again.
- Heat oil in skillet over medium high heat.
- Add peppers; sauté until just tender, about 5 minutes Add butter to same skillet; melt.
- Add garlic; suaté for approx.
- 1 minute.
- Add green beans and sauté until heated through about 5 minutes Mix in nuts; season with salt and pepper.