Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
Woman's World 5/9/00. Let a touch of garlic, a dash of crushed red pepper and a sprinkling of Parmesan cheese show you just how good green beans can be.
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 lb green beans
- 1 small red onion, halved and cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- In large skillet heat 1 t. oil over medium heat. Add garlic and pepper flakes; cook, stirring occasionally, until garlic softenes, about 4 minutes.
- Add beans, onion, vinegar, salt and 1 T. oil. Cover; reduce heat to medium-low. Cook until green beans and onion soften, 6-7 minutes.
- Remove from heat; transfer to serving bowl. Sprinkle with cheese.
I just finished cooking these and had to sneak one before they were served, and they were good!!! I used granulated garlic instead of cloves because I didn't want to bite down on a garlic slice, and apple cider vinegar instead of red wine. The vinegar gave it a wonderful kick... perfect side dish for meatloaf!
This a wonderful green bean dish, quick to make and delicious! I made half of the recipe and enjoyed the zip that the vinegar added. The red pepper gave just enough of a kick - great dish - thanks for sharing the recipe!
These are very good and simple to make! Great flavor. Thanks for sharing!