Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
Very delicious. Taken on Everyday Food : Food Network
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 lb green beans, trimmed and halved
- 1 medium red onion, cut into 1/2-inch wedges
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- In a large skillet, bring 1 cup water, oil, salt, and pepper to a simmer over medium heat.
- Add the green beans and onion.
- Cover, and cook until the beans are crisp-tender, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Uncover, and continue cooking, stirring frequently, until water has evaporated, beans are tender, and onions are beginning to brown, 5 to 8 minutes more.
- Stir in vinegar and serve.
Absolutely delicious! I used frozen beans, but will make it next time with fresh. Thanks for sharing!
Very simple and tasty dish. I used garden fresh beans and a white sweet onion as that is what I had on hand. The beans were cooked until crisp tender and I did end of draining off the water prior to allowing then to saute for a few minutes. I am always looking for new ways to prepare green beans and I am sure I will be using this recipe again. Thank you. Made for ZWT 8.
A simple and delicious veggie dish! The balsamic vinegar made a great finishing touch. The green beans were a touch more done than our liking, so next time I will pull them off sooner. That's just a personal preference, though. Thanks for sharing! ZWT8