- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 lb green beans, trimmed and halved
- 1 medium red onion, cut into 1/2-inch wedges
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large skillet, bring 1 cup water, oil, salt, and pepper to a simmer over medium heat.
- Add the green beans and onion.
- Cover, and cook until the beans are crisp-tender, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Uncover, and continue cooking, stirring frequently, until water has evaporated, beans are tender, and onions are beginning to brown, 5 to 8 minutes more.
- Stir in vinegar and serve.