Easy enough for everyday, delicious enough for company. I found this in Eating Well Magazine.
Make and share this Sauteed Green Beans and Cherry Tomatoes recipe from Food.com.
- Heat 1 teaspoon oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add green beans and cook, stirring often, until seared in spots, 2 to 3 minutes. Add water, cover, reduce heat to medium and cook, stirring occasionally, about 3 minutes for tender-crisp or 6 minutes for tender.
- Push the beans to the side; add the remaining 1 teaspoon oil and garlic and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- Add tomatoes, stir everything together and cook until the tomatoes begin to break down, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Remove from heat; stir in vinegar, salt and pepper.
This is pretty good and very simple. I like to add fresh pesto also at the end which just lifts the flavors even more! It is also lovely with the addition of some toasted nuts such as walnuts.
I love roasted green beans and cherry tomatoes; however, they take about 20 minutes to cook in the oven and I didn't want to heat up the oven. This are a very nice sub. The green beans were fresh from the garden. This is a recipe that I am sure to repeat often.
Yum! I used some green beans I had cooked similar to this recipe. Just added the cherry tomatoes and the garlic along with the balsamic vinegar. It was delicious. I actually had this for breakfast! Thanks Bev!