Recipe by Bev
Easy enough for everyday, delicious enough for company. I found this in Eating Well Magazine.
Top Review by WeBees
This is pretty good and very simple. I like to add fresh pesto also at the end which just lifts the flavors even more! It is also lovely with the addition of some toasted nuts such as walnuts.
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 lb green beans, trimmed
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1⁄2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- salt & pepper, freshly ground (to taste)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat 1 teaspoon oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add green beans and cook, stirring often, until seared in spots, 2 to 3 minutes. Add water, cover, reduce heat to medium and cook, stirring occasionally, about 3 minutes for tender-crisp or 6 minutes for tender.
- Push the beans to the side; add the remaining 1 teaspoon oil and garlic and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- Add tomatoes, stir everything together and cook until the tomatoes begin to break down, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Remove from heat; stir in vinegar, salt and pepper.