Recipe by Trinkets
This is a Thanksgiving inspired recipe. I was trying to round out my menu last year and needed something green besides salad that would be enjoyed by all ages. Here it is, there was nothing left! Fresh herbs like oregano, basil, or thyme can be tossed with the cheese just before serving to add a different taste.
- 2 lbs fresh green beans, trimmed
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese
- kosher salt
- freshly cracked black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat a large saute pan and add the oil and butter.
- When hot, add the green beans and garlic and season generously with salt and pepper.
- Toss occasionally and cook until almost tender but still a bit crisp, over medium heat.
- Place in a warm dish and grate the cheese over the beans just before serving.