Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
A new twist on plain old green beans! My family calls this my "secret recipe"...but I am willing to share!! These are too good and easy not to!! I started doing it this way so they would have more flavor without the water soaking up the seasoning off the beans...and it is now a frequent request for my "secret recipe green beans"!!!
- 2 (14 ounce) cans Italian cut green beans (Cut and Whole work well here also...but preferably not French Style)
- 3 -4 tablespoons olive oil
- cavendar's seasoning
- garlic powder
- Put olive oil in a large frying pan and heat.
- Add seasonings and mix together.
- Drain green beans very well -- then add to pan.
- Now.saute the green beans -- just like you would onions or mushrooms -- although it will take a bit longer.appx 15 minutes.
This is very good, but I think the seasoning nearly got burned. Anyway, I used vegetable oil and fresh green beans. Next time, I will just add the seasoning near the end of cooking.