Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
This one is from Southern Living magazine. The tomatoes are sweet and look beautiful. This is an easy side or top steaks or seafood entrees with this.
- 1 pint grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 tablespoon light brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced fresh basil
- Wash tomatoes, drain.
- Saute halved grape tomatoes and the next 3 ingredients in hot oil in a medium skillet over medium-high heat.
- Remove from heat.
- Place in serving bowl or dish.
- Sprinkle basil over the top.
Excellent! Like tomato candy! This is perfect for a side dish, a topping for grilled meat or bruschetta. I'll be making this recipe often when the summer cherry tomato season arrives. Thanx for sharing!
Super sweet! I made as a side to fish, and the colors were just beautiful. Think I may reduce the amount of brown sugar next time. Beautiful dish. Thanks for sharing! Made for Football Tag game.
Very nice recipe. A little too sweet for our taste so the next time I make it I will either reduce both the balsamic and the brown sugar by half or skip the sugar entirely. Fast, easy and tasty. Thanks for posting!