Recipe by CountryLady
A quick side dish that can be made with garlic scapes, green beans or a combo of the 2 veggies!
Top Review by Chocolatl
I've used garlic scapes raw for seasoning before, but never thought of cooking them like this. The flavor is quite mild, and the texture is a lot like green beans. I added a little soy sauce. A very nice dish.
- 3 cups garlic scapes, 1 inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup diced sweet red pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄3 cup toasted slivered almonds
Directions See How It's Made
- Cover& cook scapes in a pot of boiling salted water until tender-crisp, about 2 minutes.
- Drain& chill under cold water, then drain well& pat dry.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat; cook scapes, peppers& seasoning, stirring occasionally, until softened- about 4 minutes.
- Stir in almonds.