Recipe by Lorac
Garlic cloves are sauteed whole with the potatoes. Then they are removed, mashed with lemon juice and added back to the pan. Be sure to use a nonstick skillet.
Top Review by glitter
My waist isn't fond of this, but my mouth doesn't care! This is delicious! I've even made this with just cottage sliced potatoes, olive oil, and when almost done sprinkle garlic powder over or take out, drain and sprinkle "essence" (thanks to Emeril)over all.
- 2 lbs boiling potatoes, peeled and cut into 1 inch pieces
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 cloves garlic, unpeeled
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in a large non stick frying pan.
- Add potatoes and saute over medium heat until golden brown, about 10 minutes.
- Add garlic cloves, cover, reduce heat to low, stirring occasionally until potatoes are tender, about 15-20 minutes.
- Remove garlic, peel, place in a small bowl and crush.
- Stir in lemon juice, add to potatoes, season with salt and pepper and cook until heated through.
- Spoon into a serving dish and top with chives and parsley.