Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Garlic cloves are sauteed whole with the potatoes. Then they are removed, mashed with lemon juice and added back to the pan. Be sure to use a nonstick skillet.
- 2 lbs boiling potatoes, peeled and cut into 1 inch pieces
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 cloves garlic, unpeeled
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- Heat oil in a large non stick frying pan.
- Add potatoes and saute over medium heat until golden brown, about 10 minutes.
- Add garlic cloves, cover, reduce heat to low, stirring occasionally until potatoes are tender, about 15-20 minutes.
- Remove garlic, peel, place in a small bowl and crush.
- Stir in lemon juice, add to potatoes, season with salt and pepper and cook until heated through.
- Spoon into a serving dish and top with chives and parsley.
My waist isn't fond of this, but my mouth doesn't care! This is delicious! I've even made this with just cottage sliced potatoes, olive oil, and when almost done sprinkle garlic powder over or take out, drain and sprinkle "essence" (thanks to Emeril)over all.
Fantastic! My changes were 1 tablespoon olive oil 1 tablespoon butter for cooking. I quickly saut?ed the garlic, then add the potatoes and kept frying with medium low heat till the potatoes brown on the sides (make sure to keep watch and turn the potatoes every few minutes so the garlic don't burn!), sprinkle lemon juice all over the potatoes and finally seasoned it with pepper and salt. Awesome! Hubby said this is a definite keeper!
Great recipe ! I am now making this for the second time. I used new potatoes which I peeled after boiling & fresh herbs from the garden. This time I will cut the garlic cloves down by one. To spare the people who have not eaten with us. Thanks Lorac, this is a keeper.