Recipe by BecR
This recipe came from a gal I used to work with. It is amazing how good something so simple is!
Top Review by Koechin (Chef)
These beans are not only good, but OUTSTANDING! I use Haricot Vert and the celophane package they came in said:"ready to microwave", after piercing a few times. I did just that. For 3 min. in a 1250 Watt microwave. Then proceded with the recipe.Just before serving I drizzled with a little good balsamic vinegar. Thanks for haring.
BTW, you might want to change the part about adding STOCK in the instructions, since you mean for us to add the granules! Glad I had asked you about this previously. :-)
- 1 1⁄2-1 3⁄4 lbs fresh green beans (washed,sorted and trimmed then cut into 1 to 2-inch pieces)
- 1 head garlic, finely chopped
- 3 teaspoons instant chicken bouillon granules
- butter (for frying) or vegetable oil (for frying) or corn oil (for frying)
Directions See How It's Made
- Parboil green beans in water, uncovered until medium tender.
- Heat a wok or deep frying pan on medium-high heat; add about 3 tablespoons oil, green beans, garlic and chicken bouillon granules (no need to add any water).
- Let simmer for 5 to 7 minutes. Enjoy!
- (Note: cook time does not include parboil time).