Just a different way to cook broccoli (and to me, anything that is spicy or has garlic is good)!
Make and share this Sauteed Garlic Broccoli - Spicy recipe from Food.com.
- Cut broccoli into bite sized pieces.
- Boil in salted water for about 5 to 7 minutes (broccoli should just start to soften).
- Rinse under COLD water (to stop the cooking).
- Dry to remove any excess water.
- In a large skillet, heat the oil until hot.
- Add the garlic and pepper flakes.
- Sauté for 1 minute.
- Add the broccoli and "some" of the broth. (I say "some" as you don't want it soaking in it, you just want it to help steam and add flavor)
- Cook for 2 to 4 minutes (depending on the way you like your broccoli, tender or crisp) stirring the entire time. Season lightly with table salt.
- As everyone has their own tastes, increase or decrease the garlic and or pepper flakes as desired.