Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Just a different way to cook broccoli (and to me, anything that is spicy or has garlic is good)!
Make and share this Sauteed Garlic Broccoli - Spicy recipe from Food.com.
- Cut broccoli into bite sized pieces.
- Boil in salted water for about 5 to 7 minutes (broccoli should just start to soften).
- Rinse under COLD water (to stop the cooking).
- Dry to remove any excess water.
- In a large skillet, heat the oil until hot.
- Add the garlic and pepper flakes.
- Sauté for 1 minute.
- Add the broccoli and "some" of the broth. (I say "some" as you don't want it soaking in it, you just want it to help steam and add flavor)
- Cook for 2 to 4 minutes (depending on the way you like your broccoli, tender or crisp) stirring the entire time. Season lightly with table salt.
- As everyone has their own tastes, increase or decrease the garlic and or pepper flakes as desired.
Made this for supper tonight with our red snapper, they went well together. It was very good and we will have it again, often. I cut the recipe in half and only used 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes and left the garlic as 4 cloves (we love garlic), very tasty, thanks for sharing a good one!
I needed a change of pace from the standard veggies, so decided to make this recipe with chicken for dinner last night. I was pleasantly surprised at how good it was, since the chicken broth really blended well with the flavor of the broccoli. It will be added to my favorites! Thanks, Risë!
Yum!!,yum,yum!!I could go on with yhe yums forever.This was absoulutoly delicious!!!Had this Sunday night,it was perfect becauuse we had had a BIG lunch and didnt want something to heavy!!!I served it over steamed rice and soy sauce and I didnt change a thing!!!Will definatly make again,the only thng I will do different is double the recipe cause I could have eaten several more bowls!!!Thank you!!!!