Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Some of you may want to steam the asparagus first but I like the taste of crunchy asparagus just heated through - Look at the fat and calorie count of this recipe
- 1 lb fresh asparagus, snipped off coarse ends,cut into 1 inch angled pieces
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 red bell pepper, cut into thin 1 inch strips
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- salt & pepper
- Heat oil in a skillet and add garlic cook 2 minutes then add the the bell pepper and asparagus Saute until the asparagus is heated through.
- Remove from heat and season with salt& pepper and the vinegar.
Delicious - no need to steam the asparagus first - it had just the right amount of crunch. Everyone loved this dish - definitely a keeper!
YUMMY! And, for the record, I am not a "green veggie" eater! But this was wonderful! I am always looking for new ways to get my veggie intake, and thanks to Bergy, I will now add "Asparagus" to my likeable veggie list!
Excellent dish! I did use more olive oil, and since I like my asparagus still crispy, but cooked more than just heated through, I added it first with the garlic and sauteed a few minutes before adding the peppers. I threw in an extra clove of garlic for good measure. :) Thanks for another great one, Bergy!