Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
I've worked with leeks only a few times, but this recipe seems to work. It goes well with pork.
- 2 leeks, white and light green parts halved and cut into 1 inch pieces
- 3 gala apples, cored and cut into slices
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon rice wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fennel seed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- Heat olive oil to medium high heat in a non stick skillet. Add leeks and cook until tender, about 5 minutes. Add apples, salt, pepper, and fennel seeds. Cook for another 4-5 minutes until apples soften.
- Lower heat to medium low and add honey & vinegar. Cook for 1 minute. Remove from heat and serve.
Oh yeah! We all loved this! I had 6 slender leeks but the proportion of leeks to apples was fine which makes me think 2 leeks would have been way too apple-y. Very quick & easy. Made for the Spain/Portugal Forum 10/13.