Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
Grenouilles Sautees Provencale, in 'The Country Cooking of France' by Anne Willan
Make and share this Sauteed Frog's Legs With Garlic and Shallots recipe from Food.com.
- If necessary, prepare the frog's legs by trimming the spines and tips of the feet; wash and dry them.
- Roll the legs in the seasoned flour and shake off the excess.
- Melt half of the butter in a large skillet over high heat (the frog legs will brown better if they are not crowded).
- When the butter stops sputtering, add half of the legs and saute until browned, 1-2 minutes.
- Turn and brown on the other side; the butter should be quite brown to add flavor.
- Remove the legs to a warmed plate, wipe out the skillet and saute the remaining legs with butter in the same way.
- Remove the legs to the plate with the first batch.
- Return the pan to the heat, add in the shallots, garlic, and parsley; saute, stirring, for 30 seconds until fragrant.
- Replace the frog legs and toss together over medium heat for another 30 seconds until very hot.
- The shallots should be slightly crunchy, in contrast to the tender frog legs.