Recipe by Jellyqueen
I spent a few summers working in the corn fields de-tasseling corn in Illinois while in High School (many moons ago!) and learned a lot about how to pick and prepare this great inexpensive veggie. I came up with this easy recipe when my own kids got braces and couldn't eat corn on the cob. You will love this simple, and elegant side dish!
Top Review by mama smurf
Delicious and such an easy side dish! Made this for Zaar Chef Alphabet Soup ~ 2014 and it was a hit with DH. I did cut the recipe in half and added a little diced poblano pepper for a mild zing and to use it up. Definately a keeper for this summer when corn is really on. Thank you for posting.
- 8 ears of shucked sweet corn, cut off of the cob
- 1 bunch green onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Shuck sweet corn and cut kernels off of the cob using a sharp knife and a big bowl (this can get messy); set aside.
- Chop 1 bunch of green onions using a good portion of the green part.
- Heat large sauté pan and add butter and olive oil (be sure not to burn) add corn and green onions and sauté for 4-5 minutes, top! Do not over cook!
- Season with salt and pepper and ENJOY immediately!
- Variations: Add chopped red pepper, garlic, green pepper, etc.