Prep 5 mins
Cook 8 mins
Quick and delicious side dish. Great with any meal. My sister came up with this recipe and my family always looks forward to eating it!
- 1 (16 ounce) package frozen corn kernels
- 1 small white onion, chopped
- 1 large garlic clove, chopped
- 2 -4 large basil leaves, rough chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄4 cup water
- salt and pepper
- soften onions and garlic in a sautee pan with butter.
- add frozen corn and 1/4 cup of water to pan and let simmer 4-5 minutes.
- add basil leaves and salt and pepper and cook 3 minutes more or until corn in soft.
This recipe sounded interesting and perhaps another way to use up the corn in my freezer! I had no fresh basil so had to use dried. Other than that I followed the instructions to a tee. I was surprised at how well the flavors blended. I will be making this many times in the future. Thanks.
I love the basil in this! I had to use canned corn and also added some cut up carrots. I will definitely make this one again! Yum!
Great recipe! I really liked the combination of flavors. Very simple to make with great results!