Recipe by for the love of veggies
Something I invented that could go well with any kind of meat or fish. The taste of basil is very dominant in this recipe. This side dish is easy to make, flavorful, and very pretty to look at!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 2 cups frozen carrots, thawed (the sliced variety)
- 1 1⁄2 cups red onions, diced
- 1 1⁄2 cups red bell peppers, diced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3 teaspoons dried basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon spike seasoning
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil over medium-high heat in large saucepan.
- Add onions, garlic, and bell peppers, and sauté until tender.
- Add corn and carrots (be sure they are thawed)and cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally until heated through.
- Add salt, pepper, basil, and Spike seasoning and mix well.
- Simmer for 3-5 minutes more.
- Note: You can substitute another all-purpose seasoning for Spike.