1/2 Photos of Sauteed Corn Cakes
Terri F.'s Note:
These yummy little corn cakes are a great side dish for chicken or fish, and they also make a good appetizer. You can prepare the batter a few hours ahead and refrigerate, then saute just before serving.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 ears fresh sweet corn, remove kernels from cob
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 1 stalk celery, finely chopped
- 1 jalapeno chile, seeded and very finely chopped (optional)
- 1 clove garlic, mashed to a paste
- 3 tablespoons cilantro, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne (add more if you like)
- 1/4 cup flour
- 3 large eggs (if eggs are smaller use 4)
- 2/3 cup monterey jack cheese
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1In a large bowl,mix sweet corn kernels and all other ingredients except oil, making sure to mix very well.
- 2In a large skillet (or 2 skillets if small) heat the oil.
- 3Drop batter by heaping tablespoons full into the skillet.
- 4Flatten batter, and cook until lightly browned on both sides (about 1 to 2 minutes per side) Cover with foil and keep warm in the oven at low temperature until ready to serve.
Browse Our Top Corn Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Corn Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sauteed Corn Cakes
Serving Size: 1 (131 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 220.0
- Calories from Fat 123
- Total Fat 13.7 g
- Saturated Fat 4.2 g
- Cholesterol 104.2 mg
- Sodium 312.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 2.7 g
- Protein 8.9 g