Recipe by WI Cheesehead
Posted in response to a request. This is a recipe from my dad's vegan cookbook. My sister used to be vegan, so he made it up for her and the rest of us, if we wanted to try the recipes.
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 (29 ounce) can garbanzo beans, drained, reserving 1/2 cup of bean juice
- 1⁄2 cup onion, diced
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup diced tomato, drained, juice reserved
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large skillet, heat oil and saute onions for 2 minutes, stirring.
- Add garbanzo beans and saute 7 minutes more, stirring frequently.
- Add reserved bean and tomato juices, cumin, chili powder, and salt and cook, uncovered, on low to medium heat for 5 minutes to reduce sauce to gravy consistency.
- Add drained tomatoes, mix well, and serve.