Recipe by Dwynnie
I found this recipe online and could not find it again! Following is the version that I have created from memory. This is very good with asparagus as the sauce can go over it as well and tasty enough to serve for company!
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1⁄4 cup Dijon mustard
- 1 cup pinot grigio wine (white wine)
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Season the chicken breasts with salt and pepper.
- Dredge the chicken breasts in flour.
- Heat the oil in a pan over medium-high heat until the oil smokes lightly.
- Place the chicken breasts into the pan and top each with a pat of butter.
- Cook the chicken breasts, turning once. When chicken is cooked, set aside and keep warm.
- Pour out any excess oil in the pan, leaving the crispy bits. Return the pan to the stove top.
- Pour the white wine into the pan and deglaze it, scraping all the crispy bits off the bottom of the pan.
- Reduce wine by 1/2 to 3/4.
- Add the Dijon mustard (I like Grey Poupon Country Dijon) and whisk until incorporated.
- Serve sauce over chicken.