1/2 Photos of Sauteed Chicken With Tomato, Thyme & White Wine Vinegar
From Cook's Illustrated. Quick and easy to prepare. I like to top with chopped fresh Roma tomatoes.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts (6 to 8 ounces each)
- table salt
- ground black pepper
- vegetable oil
- 1Adjust oven rack to middle position; heat oven to 200 degrees.
- 2Slice each chicken breast in half to form thin cutlets (easier if frozen for 10-15 minutes).
- 3Season both sides of each cutlet with salt and pepper.
- 4Heat 2 teaspoons oil in 12-inch skillet over medium-high heat until smoking; place 4 cutlets in skillet and cook without moving them until browned, about 2 minutes.
- 5Flip cutlets and continue to cook until second sides are opaque, 15 to 20 seconds.
- 6Transfer to large heatproof plate.
- 7Add 2 teaspoons oil to now-empty skillet and repeat to cook remaining cutlets. Cover plate loosely with foil and transfer to oven to keep warm while making sauce.
- 8Remove skillet from burner. Add 2 teaspoons oil, shallot, and tomato paste to hot skillet; using residual heat, cook, stirring constantly until softened, about 30 seconds.
- 9Set skillet over medium-high heat and add chicken broth, vinegar, light brown sugar, and thyme; bring to simmer, scraping pan bottom to loosen browned bits.
- 10Simmer until reduced to 1/2 cup, 6 to 7 minutes.
- 11Remove from heat. Whisk in butter 1 tablespoon at a time. Adjust seasonings with salt and pepper; serve immediately with cutlets.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sauteed Chicken With Tomato, Thyme & White Wine Vinegar
Serving Size: 1 (195 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 220.7
- Calories from Fat 88
- Total Fat 9.8 g
- Saturated Fat 4.4 g
- Cholesterol 83.7 mg
- Sodium 117.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 3.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 2.0 g
- Protein 28.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
white wine vinegar