This is a healthy, light, and tasty recipe that I modified from a realsimple.com recipe. You can use Pork tenderloins or skinless Salmon, if desired. You can also serve the finished product right away, or, as I did, refrigerate and let all the flavors blend for awhile. I made it in morning and heated it up for our evening meal. When heating in oven or microwave, be careful not to overcook. Hope you enjoy it.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 yellow onion, medium, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed (or sliced)
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts (or 1-1/2 to 2-lbs. Pork tenderloins or skinless Salmon fillets)
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt (optional)
- 2 large sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 2 large pears, ripe but firm-not soft-peeled, cored, and cubed
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 1/2-2 tablespoons tarragon leaves, fresh, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- 2Add chopped onion and garlic and saute for about 5 minutes.
- 3Sprinkle both side of meat with kosher salt (optional), add to skillet and saute over medium heat until cooked through: about 8-10 minutes per side for chicken; 12-15 minutes per side for pork; 5-7 minutes per side for fish. Be careful not to overcook.
- 4Meanwhile, whisk together red wine vinegar, dijon mustard, tarragon leaves, fresh ground black pepper, along with 2 tablespoons of water. Mix together well.
- 5Remove meat from skillet, cover, and set aside.
- 6Clean up the skillet, if needed, and add 1/2 cup water and sweet potatoes. Cook for 5 minutes or until sweet potato is slightly tender.
- 7Add the pear cubes and cook for 5 more minutes. Keep an eye on the water level and ensure it doesn't completely evaporate.
- 8Transfer meat, potato and pear to a large bowl.
- 9Sprinkle with freshly ground black pepper and toss with vinegar, dijon, tarragon, mixture. At this point you can serve immediately, or, refrigerate and give flavors time to blend and heat through later. I would very loosely cover a baking dish and bake at 325 degrees for around 15-20 minutes.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sauteed Chicken With Sweet Potatoes and Pears
Serving Size: 1 (229 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 323.6
- Calories from Fat 76
- Total Fat 8.5 g
- Saturated Fat 1.3 g
- Cholesterol 68.4 mg
- Sodium 136.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 33.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.7 g
- Sugars 14.2 g
- Protein 29.2 g