Recipe by ratherbeswimmin'
From Cooking Light. Serving size: 2 cups. Per serving: 489 calories, 7.7 g fat, 31.9 g protien, 65.4 g carb, 3.1 g fiber, 46 mg cholesterol.
- 1 lb uncooked penne pasta
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1⁄4 cup minced shallot
- 1 (8 ounce) packagepresliced mushrooms
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 3 tablespoons chopped ripe olives
- 2 tablespoons chopped pitted green olives
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes with balsamic vinegar basil and oil (Hunt's)
- 1 (14 ounce) can fat-free chicken broth
- 1⁄4 cup grated fresh parmigiano-reggiano cheese
- 1⁄8 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook pasta by following the package directions, omitting salt and fat; drain and keep warm.
- Let the oil get heated in a large nonstick skillet over med-high heat.
- Add in chicken; stir/saute 2 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Remove chicken from pan and keep warm.
- Add shallots, mushrooms, and garlic to skillet; cover and cook 4 minutes.
- Stir in wine, olives, tomatoes, and broth; simmer, uncovered, 10 minutes.
- Return chicken to skillet; cook 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and add pasta, cheese, and pepper; toss to combine.