1/6 Photos of Sauteed Chicken With Cherry Tomatoes
Adapted from Spices of Life by Nina Simonds.The wine and shallots make this delicious. It is quick to prepare and great for people watching their calories.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 44.37 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 680.38 g boneless skinless chicken breasts (or boneless, skinless thighs)
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled, smashed with flat side of a knife, and chopped coarsely
- 6 shallots, peeled and chopped coarsely
- 340.19 g cherry tomatoes (1 pints) or 340.19 g grape tomatoes, rinsed and drained (1 pints)
- 22.18 ml dried oregano
- 177.44 ml dry white wine
- 4.92 ml salt
- 1.23 ml fresh ground black pepper
- 1Heat 12 inch skillet, Dutch oven or casserole with lid. Pour in oil and heat until quite hot. Line pan with a batch of chicken breasts and fry over high heat until golden brown on one side, about 2 1/2 to 3 minutes. Turn over and brown other side. Remove with tongs and continue browning remaining pieces. Set chicken aside.
- 2Reduce heat to medium, put garlic and shallots in pan, and saute until fragrant, about 15 seconds. Add oregano, white wine, salt and pepper and saute uncovered about 4 to 4 1/2 minutes, shaking pan from time to time.Add tomatoes and return chicken to pan, cover and cook about 10 to 15 minutes, or until chicken is done. Taste for seasoning and adjust if necessary.
- 3Scoop chicken out onto a platter and serve with rice or over mashed potatoes.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sauteed Chicken With Cherry Tomatoes
Serving Size: 1 (230 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 239.0
- Calories from Fat 75
- Total Fat 8.3 g
- Saturated Fat 1.3 g
- Cholesterol 65.8 mg
- Sodium 468.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 1.8 g
- Protein 27.4 g