Recipe by CarolAnn
This is a super, fast recipe. It comes from an old, out of print cookbook of quick, easy recipes. This is great served over rice or mashed potatoes.
Top Review by reneeumiami
So simple and so mouth-watering! I doubled the recipe, eye-balled all the ingredients, and dusted the chicken with flour (as previously suggested). Served with whole wheat spaghetti, we couldn't get it in our mouths fast enough. I'll add sauted veggies next time.
- 1⁄2 lb thinly pounded chicken cutlet
- salt and pepper (to season)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium lemon
- 3 tablespoons water
- 2 teaspoons capers (drained or more, if preferred)
Directions See How It's Made
- Season cutlets with salt and pepper.
- Grate 1/2 tsp lemon zest and squeeze 2 T juice from the lemon.
- Set aside.
- Heat butter and olive oil in a large frying pan over medium heat.
- Add the chicken and cook, turning once, until golden brown and cooked through (~2-3minutes per side).
- Remove chicken to serving plates, leaving drippings in the pan.
- Add 3 T water, lemon juice, lemon zest and capers to the pan and cook, stirring up browned bits from bottom of pan, for about 1 minute.
- Mash a few of the capers into the sauce with the back of a spoon.
- Pour the sauce over the chicken and serve.