Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
A great one-dish meal that will be perfect for summer! Found online; recipe states: Sautéing yields deliciously caramelized chicken; work in two batches so the skillet isn't crowded...
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 lbs chicken thighs, cut into 2-inch pieces
- coarse salt and pepper
- 1 lb button mushroom, trimmed and thinly sliced
- 2 lbs asparagus, tough ends removed, cut into 2-inch lengths
- cooked noodles (optional) or rice (optional)
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high. Season chicken with salt and pepper. Cook in two batches, turning occasionally, until browned and opaque throughout, 6 to 8 minutes; transfer to a plate.
- To skillet, add mushrooms, asparagus, and 1 cup water; season with salt and pepper. Cook, tossing once and scraping up browned bits, until vegetables are crisp-tender, 4 to 6 minutes. Add chicken; cook, tossing, until warmed through, about 2 minutes. Serve on top of noodles or rice, if desired.
Great simple and tasty weeknight meal! I was late getting dinner going and loved how quickly this came together. I used boneless skinless breasts, otherwise made just as directed and wouldn't change a thing. Served with whole wheat pasta and there was just enough "broth" to moisten the pasta. Thanks for sharing your recipe! Made for Spring Pick-A-Chef 2014
Aussie Swap #82: Delicious dinner - perfect for my entire family! I loved the mushrooms and asparagus with the chicken!
Made as written except used reconstituted dry shiitake mushrooms instead of fresh button because I didn't want to run to the store. They were too chewy. This was way too bland. Everybody put a lot of parmesan on top which made it a little better. I think it wouldl have benefited from garlic and ginger in the oil to cook the chicken and chicken broth for the asparagus or maybe soy sauce. Served with angel hair pasta.