Recipe by AZPARZYCH
A great one-dish meal that will be perfect for summer! Found online; recipe states: Sautéing yields deliciously caramelized chicken; work in two batches so the skillet isn't crowded...
Top Review by sheepdoc
Made as written except used reconstituted dry shiitake mushrooms instead of fresh button because I didn't want to run to the store. They were too chewy. This was way too bland. Everybody put a lot of parmesan on top which made it a little better. I think it wouldl have benefited from garlic and ginger in the oil to cook the chicken and chicken broth for the asparagus or maybe soy sauce. Served with angel hair pasta.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 lbs chicken thighs, cut into 2-inch pieces
- coarse salt and pepper
- 1 lb button mushroom, trimmed and thinly sliced
- 2 lbs asparagus, tough ends removed, cut into 2-inch lengths
- cooked noodles (optional) or rice (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high. Season chicken with salt and pepper. Cook in two batches, turning occasionally, until browned and opaque throughout, 6 to 8 minutes; transfer to a plate.
- To skillet, add mushrooms, asparagus, and 1 cup water; season with salt and pepper. Cook, tossing once and scraping up browned bits, until vegetables are crisp-tender, 4 to 6 minutes. Add chicken; cook, tossing, until warmed through, about 2 minutes. Serve on top of noodles or rice, if desired.