Here's a flavorful fall dish. I like to use flavorful, slightly tart green apples. I strongly recommend using cider instead of apple juice, too - it adds much more flavor.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Pound chicken breasts until each is about 3/4 inch thick.
- 2Heat the oil in a large skillet and saute the chicken for about 3 minutes per side.
- 3Add the apple, cider, onion, garlic, thyme, and salt.
- 4Cover and simmer 6-8 minutes until chicken is cooked through and tender.
- 5Remove the chicken, apple, and onion from the pan.
- 6Bring the remaining sauce to a boil and cook 5 minutes or until slightly thickened.
- 7Whisk in the mustard and serve over the chicken.
Browse Our Top Sauces Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sauteed Chicken with Apples
Serving Size: 1 (290 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 315.2
- Calories from Fat 154
- Total Fat 17.1 g
- Saturated Fat 4.3 g
- Cholesterol 92.8 mg
- Sodium 467.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 4.9 g
- Protein 30.9 g