Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Here's a flavorful fall dish. I like to use flavorful, slightly tart green apples. I strongly recommend using cider instead of apple juice, too - it adds much more flavor.
- Pound chicken breasts until each is about 3/4 inch thick.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet and saute the chicken for about 3 minutes per side.
- Add the apple, cider, onion, garlic, thyme, and salt.
- Cover and simmer 6-8 minutes until chicken is cooked through and tender.
- Remove the chicken, apple, and onion from the pan.
- Bring the remaining sauce to a boil and cook 5 minutes or until slightly thickened.
- Whisk in the mustard and serve over the chicken.