Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
This dish is one my husband requests at least once a week. I make this for company because the look and taste seems like you cooked all day, but it only take 45 minutes to cook. You can use boneless chicken breast, tenderloins or boneless thighs and still have great results.
- 4 (4 ounce) boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1⁄3 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons butter or 3 tablespoons margarine
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1 cup green onion, sliced
- 8 ounces fresh mushrooms, sliced or 1 cup drained canned mushroom
- 3⁄4 cup chicken broth
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- Pound each chicken breast to 1/4-inch thickness.
- Mix flour, salt and pepper on wax paper.
- Coat chicken well with flour mixture; set aside.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat; add butter.
- Saute garlic, green onion and mushrooms for 3 minutes.
- Remove with a slotted spoon.
- Place chicken in skillet; cook for 5 minutes per side.
- Add broth and soup to skillet. Cook, stirring frequently, for 5 minutes.
- Return mushroom mixture to skillet and reduce heat to low.
- Simmer stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes.
- Serve immediately over egg noodles.
WOW.... oh so flavorful. The DH loved it. It had a bit of an asian flare with the mushrooms and the green onions and my DH HATES asian cuisine.... BUT he loved this chicken. Very simple. Will definitely become a regular in our house. Thanks P!
This was an excellent recipe! Will be def. be making this again!
This was really good! Going on a regular rotation for me!!