Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Tender chicken breasts get loads of flavor from a simple pan sauce of white wine, onion and tasty drippings. I like to use thin breasts for this dish so it cooks faster in the skillet.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (about 1 1/4 pounds)
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1⁄2 cup red onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄4 cup white wine or 1⁄4 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 3 plum tomatoes, sliced
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil, thinly sliced
- basil sprig (optional)
- Sprinkle chicken with seasoning, salt and pepper.
- In large nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat.
- Add chicken; cook, turning once, until cooked through 8-10 minutes.
- Remove to serving plates; cover with foil to keep warm.
- To same skillet, add onion and garlic; cook until tender, 2-3 minutes.
- Add wine; boil 1 minute.
- Add tomatoes; cook just until heated through.
- Arrange tomatoes over chicken; drizzle with sauce.
- Sprinkle with sliced basil.
- If desired, garnish with basil sprigs.