1/1 Photo of Sauteed Chicken Livers
Chicken livers have always been a staple on my diet, from when I was a little girl.I have combined a few recipes with my own and I came up with this one. I hope you enjoy them as much as I do They are comfort food for me!.;)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb chicken liver, cut in half & washed & patted dry
- 3 tablespoons butter or 3 tablespoons margarine
- 1/2 lb fresh mushrooms, sliced thin
- 3/4 cup onion, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup celery, finely chopped (optional)
- 1/8 cup flour
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup chicken broth or 1 cup vegetable broth or 1 cup beef broth
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- fresh coarse ground black pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup sherry wine, good quality
- 2 teaspoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- chopped fresh parsley leaves, garnish
- cooked bacon (crispy & crumbled)
- white rice (fluffy, sprinkled with bacon) or basmati rice (sprinkled with parsley) or buttered broad egg noodle (with peas)
- 1Season livers with 3 Tablespoons of the flour and salt and pepper, to taste.
- 2Saute chicken livers in 2 Tablespoons butter, 5 minutes or until brown but still pink inside.
- 3Remove livers, and drain on paper towels, reserving drippings in skillet.
- 4Add other tablespoon butter, if necessary.
- 5Saute mushrooms, onions and celery in drippings until golden brown.
- 6Stir in flour(I guessed at the amount - use little by little) salt & pepper with broth.
- 7Add Sherry, parsley and wocesterhsire sauce; bring to a boil.
- 8Add more flour if necessary, but remember to mix it with some liquid first, so that there won't be any lumps.
- 9Reduce heat to a simmer and cook for 5 minutes, stirring often.
- 10Add chicken livers, simmer 3-5 additional minutes.
- 11Serve over fluffy white rice (sprinkled with bacon) or.
- 12Basmatti rice, sprinkled with chopped parsley (sprinkled with bacon) or.
- 13Buttered broad noodles with peas*.
- 14*Broad buttered noodles: boil noodles according to package instructions, drain and coat with butter, salt & pepper and combine with 1/4 cup frozen peas (defrosted).
Browse Our Top Chicken Livers Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Livers Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sauteed Chicken Livers
Serving Size: 1 (324 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 403.5
- Calories from Fat 133
- Total Fat 14.7 g
- Saturated Fat 7.4 g
- Cholesterol 415.3 mg
- Sodium 642.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 3.6 g
- Protein 23.7 g