Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
This is a delicious, easy dish that is nice enough for company and cooks in one pan. It's been a favorite of my husband's for over 20 years. It's not fried, and the sauce is terrific over rice and vegetables. Even the kids will eat this, and you can use low-fat ingredients if you prefer.
- 6 boneless chicken breasts, pounded to 1/4 inch thickness
- 6 slices prosciutto ham
- 6 slices swiss cheese
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- herbes de provence
- salt and pepper
- Pound breasts to uniform thickness.
- Place one slice each of the ham and cheese on top of each breast.
- Starting from the narrow end, roll breasts, securing with two toothpicks each.
- Melt butter in skillet and brown rolled breasts on all sides.
- Blend cream of chicken soup, seasoned with herbs, salt and pepper with no more than 1/3 cup of water, wine or broth.
- Pour soup over chicken and simmer until chicken is cooked through, about 35 minutes.
- Taking the top on or off the pan will help get your sauce to the desired consistence.
- Serve hot, over white rice, with peas and onions.
- Don't forget to take out the toothpicks!
This was so easy to make & tasted great.My Husband was crazy about it.Nice that it's not FRIED!