1/1 Photo of Sauteed Chicken Breasts With Pineapple and Jalapeno Chilies
This was in an AP article published in the local newspaper.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 1 1/4 pounds)
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 12 ounces package fresh pineapple chunks (1 3/4 cups)
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/2 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 jalapeno chilies, seeded and minced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 1Arrange chicken breasts in a single layer on a work surface and cover with plastic wrap. Using a heavy skillet or a rolling pin, pound them until flattened to about 1/2 inch thick.
- 2In a shallow dish, combine the flour, salt and pepper. Dredge both sides of each breast in the seasoned flour.
- 3In a large nonstick skillet over medium-high, heat the oil and butter. Add the chicken breasts and cook until they are well browned on both sides and no longer pink at the center, about 4 minutes per side. Transfer them to a plate and cover with foil to keep warm. Do not clean the skillet.
- 4While the chicken breasts are cooking, drain the juice from the pineapple into a measuring cup. Add enough orange juice to total 3/4 cup. Stir in the cornstarch, then set aside.
- 5Return the skillet to the stove over medium-low. Add the drained pineapple and brown sugar. Cook, stirring constantly, until the pineapple begins to brown, 3 to 4 minutes. Add the chilies and garlic and stir until the garlic is beginning to color, 1 to 2 minutes.
- 6Stir in the reserved juice. Bring the sauce to a simmer and cook until thickened and reduced slightly, 4 to 5 minutes. Stir in the cilantro, then serve, spooned over the chicken breasts.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sauteed Chicken Breasts With Pineapple and Jalapeno Chilies
Serving Size: 1 (278 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 294.9
- Calories from Fat 72
- Total Fat 8.0 g
- Saturated Fat 2.7 g
- Cholesterol 76.0 mg
- Sodium 683.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 15.0 g
- Protein 29.3 g