Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Excellent dish. Forgot about it but just found the torn and splattered recipe card in my box. I don't remember where I got it from originally but it is a quick preparation and it's good!
- 4 chicken breasts, split, boned and skinned
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 tablespoon scallion, chopped
- 1 lemon, cut in half
- 2 tablespoons sherry wine
- salt and pepper
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper to taste.
- Saute chicken in the butter in a skillet.
- Remove onto a plate when cooked through on both sides.
- Saute the mushrooms and scallions in the same pan using the butter that remains.
- Add the juice from one of the lemon halves (squeeze it right into the pan) and cut the other lemon half into thin slices of lemon and and add those to the pan and stir.
- Add the sherry and stir and simmer 1-2 minutes.
- Pour over the chicken and serve.
This is very good! I wanted to make sure I had a lot of sauce so I used chicken broth and added the juice of a whole lemon and a little extra sherry :) along with some cornstarch....wonderful!! Thanks for sharing! Michelle