Prep 15 mins
Cook 12 mins
A light and fresh tasting summer dish
- 1 teaspoon cumin seed
- 1 cup roasted cashews, coarsely chopped
- 2 medium cucumbers, peeled seeded, quartered lengthwise and sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil, plus
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup coarsely chopped flat leaf parsley
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 4 (6 ounce) boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- In a small skillet, cook the cumin seeds over moderate heat until fragrant, about 1 minute. Transfer to a work surface and let cool, then coarsely chop. In a large bowl, combine the cumin seeds with the cucumbers, cashews, scallions, lemon juice, 1/4 cup of the olive oil and the parsley; season with salt and pepper.
- Heat the remaining 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a large skillet. Season the chicken breasts with salt and pepper and cook over moderately high heat until lightly browned, about 3 minutes. Reduce the heat to moderately low and continue cooking for 3 minutes. Turn and cook the chicken until browned on the other side and just cooked through, about 6 minutes longer. Thickly slice each chicken breast crosswise, mound the cucumber salad on top and serve.