Recipe by little_wing
Not sure where this one came from...I think maybe a low carb cook book. Doubles or triples easily if you are feeding more than two.
Top Review by I'mPat
We liked the flavour of the lime. ginger and basil (didn't use the mint), though the chicken was on the dry side. Would like to try again maybe cooking it as a stir fry (with small cubes of chicken. Thank you little_wing. Made for Please Review my Recipe game.
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- kosher salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 lime, juice of
- 3 tablespoons chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons grated fresh gingerroot
- 1⁄4 cup packed fresh basil leaf, torn
- 2 tablespoons packed fresh mint leaves, torn
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the oil in a medium skillet over medium-high heat.
- Season both sides of the chicken breasts with salt and pepper.
- Cook, turning once, until firm to the touch, about 5 minutes per side.
- Transfer to a plate.
- Add the lime juice to the skillet, and scrape up any browned bits that cling to the pan with a wooden spoon.
- Add the chicken broth and ginger, and bring to a boil.
- Remove from heat and add the basil and mint to the pan and swirl the pan to combine.
- Spoon the herb sauce over the chicken.